This week has been the absolute best!
6 TRANSFERS IN BRAGA!!!!!!!! Presidente sent me a letter I thought it was pretty funny, “Você pode voltar para casa e dizer que bateu o record de permanência em uma área com o presidente Amorim.” (You can come home and say that you had the record for staying in one area with President Amorim.) Haha.
But I can honestly say I´m in the right place at the right time! First, Sister Costa, my new companion, is amazing!! She reminds me a lot of Sister Schill. We are working really hard here in Braga and things are going really well.
- Ana is soooo excited for her baptism. She told us the other day how excited she is to come to church. She told us that she feels so much happier and peaceful now. We literally didn’t have to teach her anything. She let the spirit into her life and it is showing her the truth. She automatically made little changes in her life without us having to say anything, like changes in her wardrobe. She is so elect and I’m so happy for this opportunity to witness her conversion. Also, this week we changed her baptism date to the 2nd of July!!!! She is very happy.
- We’ve been contacting a lot of people and we’ve been working on testifying of Christ in every contact and being bolder.
- We had a ward activity this week for the Festa de São João. It was the best activity I’ve seen since I’ve been here. There were 12 investigators total and 7 other less actives. We just spent the whole time talking to everyone.
- This Sunday, was also pretty amazing. A woman named Cris came to the activity. I had met her a long time ago, we tried teaching her but she was really busy during the time. She really enjoyed the activity and came to church. She told us during church that she would also like to be baptized this next Saturday!! Wow!
- To top it all off, there was a member that moved from the Azores, who said that she would come to church this week and that she would bring a friend. The friend loved church so much that she as well wants to be baptized!!!
Sister Costa and I were talking afterwards. Why does the Lord even want us to search for people when he can just as easily bring them to us? Why am I making all of these sacrifices when the Lord can do all of this himself. It’s so funny that we do all of this for our own growth but the essence of what we do has nothing to do with ourselves. But either way, I’m very grateful for the opportunity to serve.
One funny thing that happened this morning. There was a less active woman that came to bishop for help. I don’t know all the details but for some reason the only option was for her to stay at Manuela´s house. (The cute little old lady we bring the sacrament). Apparently, Manuela said that would be ok, but we think she has Alzheimer’s and forgot that she agreed. Anyway, she is furious! The woman stayed there one night and then had to leave. She left her things, and Manuela asked us last night if we could help her arrange the room. We showed up at her house this morning and she was fuming. We don’t think she remembers very well what happened. Anyway, she had called the cops and told us not to tell Bishop or any other member or we would be involved and she would never forgive us. Well, we left without pushing anything, and called Sister Marinho. She told us to call President. He told us that we should tell Bishop. He thanked us for keeping him aware, but that he is already very heavily involved in the situation. Man being bishop is not easy! Poor guy. I wish there was something we could do to help.
Anyway, this will be the best transfer ever!!
Love you all.