This week was way cool! Here in Braga, there was a Roman Festival; called Braga Romana. They actually went all out and it was pretty cool!
There were a few interesting things that happened this week.
- I recovered from my sprained ankle. So apparently when I called someone to come pick us up on Sunday, they were in ward council; so everyone knew! A lot of people teased me, but it was all good:)
- We found a new family of investigators to teach. They are from Africa and they´re really receptive. We´re going back this Saturday.
- We couldn’t actually go and do things at the roman festival, but it was in our area; so we got to see some things. There were a lot of actors in the streets and people dressed up like Romans. It was actually really funny. There was a couple of actors who were carrying a latrine with them and trying to get visitors to use it. They were just cracking a lot of potty humor jokes. There was also an apothecary with a giant cart. There were roman soldiers, mythical creatures, gypsies, and there were also some ladies of the night (that was weird).
- We taught Manuel this week. He is not doing too well. He isn’t hanging around the best crowd right now.
- We also had stake conference, it was pretty good. The theme was service. Right after conference, Sister Mauricio and Sister Parkinson had a baptism. We made cake for them but we couldn’t stay, because we had to leave with our ward on the bus.
- Yesterday, I was feeling kind of down because a lot of our appointments fell through; so I was praying for help from Heavenly Father. In that moment, a man in the street stopped us and asked for a copy of The Book of Mormon. His ex-wife is a member. He said that he likes to read The Book of Mormon; but he had lost his copy. He actually lives in Porto; but his second wife was in the hospital in Braga, with terminal cancer. We got his number and we´re going to see if we can bring the elders to his wife, to give her a blessing.
Anyways, there were a lot of cool things that happened this week.
Love you all tons and happy summer vacation!!!