April 11, 2016
We had a fantastic week:) We started teaching a lot more people this week and the best part is, it’s mostly families!
- We contacted this couple from Cabo Verde and they invited us over this week to talk to them. She had already talked to the sisters in the past. They were really receptive and agreed to read the Book of Mormon. We´re going back tomorrow.
- We stopped by Adelino and Isabelle again, that family that dropped us back when I was serving with Sister Nagliati. They are having problems with their son, Manuel. This week, stopped by to teach a lesson with the whole family. In the beginning they only wanted to critique Manuel in front of us. It was super awkward. I finally had enough. I felt prompted to ask Manuel how he was feel lately. His dad started to answer for him, but I politely told him to let Manuel talk. Immediately, the spirit entered the room and Manuel told us how unhappy he was for things he had done in the past. We promised him that all of that could change. It was one of the most powerful lessons I’ve ever had. We told him to read the Book of Mormon and to pray. He came to take a tour of the chapel on Saturday, but unfortunately, he couldn’t come on Sunday. We even ate lunch with Manuel and the Elders on Saturday. It was great:)
- Sister Parkinson and I contacted this family from Africa a few weeks ago. Every time we would stop by they wouldn’t have time. We finally got in to teach them a lesson this week and they were extremely receptive! They have a little boy named Kevin, who has a ton of energy!!
- Cecilia finally came to church yesterday!! I was ecstatic. José, her son was a little restless, but she really felt the spirit in gospel principles.
- I don’t know how much I’ve explained about Felipe, but he is amazing!! The elders went over to their house to meet him. They were planning on taking it easy with him; because he’s dating a member. They start the lesson and Felipe says that there are some things he has to say first. During General Conference he received answers to his questions. He was listening to the prophet talk about obedience and he was touched by the spirit to change his life so that he could have the blessings of baptism. He and his girlfriend are going to stop living together and he is going to be baptized on the 23rd!!! My testimony of the prophet grew from hearing this experience. Even though he spoke so little, he is the prophet and his words are inspired from God. His words touched the heart of this 34 year old Portuguese man to be baptized. This is the true church of Christ!
Overall a really good week! The Lord is definitely blessing us.
Thank you for all of your prayers!
Love Sister Runyan